Sunday, August 9, 2009

Emma Grace's Birthday

Yesterday was Emma Grace's 7th birthday. We had a really great time. I did some work outside in the mornig, and then we went to the Pool for about an houst. At the pool Emma Grace finally put her head under water for the first time ever. She actually held her nose, held her breath, and went under water, up to her forehead. That was BIG. For that we went to the store and she got ice cream, we then went home and she was rewarded with 2 big scoops. That is what I had promised her if she would go under water. On the way home in the car, she said, "Daddy, I have NEVER had 2 scoops of ice cream before, this is going to be awesome."

Later in the day MawMaw & PAwPAw came over and we fried fish, had cake and watched Emma Grace open her presents. She got a set of the HSM doll's, some coloring pens, her own set of post it notes, (she loves to leave us little notes) and her own roll of scotch tape. Her favorite was her own roll of tape. Now she can keep her own tape on her desk and she doesn't have to ask Mommy for hers anymore. She also got a game form someone at the church that is called "pictureka" and her and Cathy played that for a little bit after MAwMaw and Paw PAW left.



On Friday we took Emma Grace to a place called "Incredible Pizza", it's kind of like a Chuck e Cheese, only bigger and better, and is christian owned. (which means NO BEER sales) Emma Grace took her friend Callie Gilman with her. They had an absolute blast. They really enjoyed the bowling, race cars, and the little games, but I am pretty sure that their favorite was the Bumper Cars. Emma Grace would not ride them at first, so Cathy and Callie did. LAter Cathy Callie, and Emma Grace rode them together and Emma Grace had a complete blast. Watching her on those reminded me of when I was her age and everytime we went to a theme park, me and Dad would always ride the bumper cars. Dad and I had two favorite things we would always ride, sometimes over and over, the bumper cars and the log ride.



As I watched Emma Grace over her birthday weekend, I found myself on several occasions praying and thanking God for giving her to us. You have know that GOD is REAL when he allows a wretch like me to raise his precious child. It is unfathomable for me to think what a great GOD we have that has plans for us, great plans that we do not even know. I just praise him for choosing us to raise this precious child of his. Thank you Jesus, you are awesome.



On friday I found a note in the car that Emma Grace had written, it had a big question mark on it, and it read, "I always sin, I'm mean, I was post to take 1 cookie, but I got 2"

Later I asked Emma Grace when shewrote this and why. She said "one day when I was younger, probably when I was 3 or 4, because when you are 3 and 4 you really can't think yet, but Mommy told me I Could have 1 cookie and I accidentally took 2, and the other day when I was 6 I remebered it and felt bad about it, so I wrote it down so I wouldn't forget that I did that." I then asked her what made her think about it and she said, "I don't know, I guess because I know how to think now, when you turn 6 you learn how to think." Little does Emma Grace know but she just made her first journal entry confessing sin.

Yesterday when we were going to the pool I asked her what she thought about being 7 and she said, "well, Callie say's it's a lot harder than being 6, but she has 2 baby's that she has to take care of," (Callie has two younger sisters) "but I don't have any babies to take care of so 7 shpouldn't be as hard for me as it is for Callie, but I wish I had a baby to take care of, even if it was just one baby"

Emma Grace is such a sweetheart and I love spending time with her. She is such a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment